Friday, January 1, 2010

2 Months - 9 Weeks Done

Below is a message to Val a few days ago when I officially had 120 days left; now it’s down to 117!

“Sweetheart,

Attached is a screen capture of my deployment calendar thus far. I update it every few days. There's not a lot of information on there, but it helps me keep track of the highlights, as well as count down the days. I just thought you'd be interested. The thing that jumps out to me is that lately I PT every Tuesday...whether I need it or not. I've got to get into a routine; a Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday workout schedule would be nice. I've got to work on that. (5 December is purposely censored; it's a home-coming surprise.) As of today, I only have 120 days left, so we're a third of the way through. Even though 120 days still sounds long, being a third of the way through feels good. Three of the main guys I've been working with lately are all here for an entire year and they got here just after me. When it comes up in conversation (like me being happy that I’m a third of the way through already) I feel so bad for those guys. I definitely can't complain (to them) about being here six months. One guy just got divorced and is using the deployment to build his finances back up, so I don't feel too bad for him, but the other two have wives and kids so I do feel pretty bad for them. Still, I feel bad for myself, too, because I'm away from the most wonderful family in the world and I love you guys so much. Hang in there. We're doing pretty well so far. I'm really looking forward to hitting that half-way point! I love you, Angel of mine!”


1 comment:

  1. I actually got excited once I saw your clanedar "only" had a 120 days. Today it says 116.
    You really do have an awesome family and I know it has to be tough being away from them.
    Mike Clutz is home and finally got to meet, hold, etc his new daughter. I can tell from his FB that he loves being a Dad. Mike has to go back to Iraq for 6 more months after his "vacation."
    Hang in there!!!!

    ReplyDelete