Saturday, January 2, 2010

Tebow's Swan Song

I was able to wake up a little earlier this morning and watch the first half of the Sugar Bowl on a big-screen TV with sound. Then at half-time I had to attend one of my morning meetings. Fortunately, the daily IJC brief (my second morning meeting) is broadcasted across the mission computer system that also has streaming video feeds of AFN. I was able to open two separate windows on my desktop and watch the second half of the game. Even though the picture was 3-inches wide and without sound, it was still fun to watch the Gators play. I like watching football, but I'm like Pavlov's dog when I see orange and blue of the Gators playing. It's great. And I'm extremely happy the Gators didn't come out flat like Alabama did last year. Being Tebow's last game and with the issues surrounding Coach Meyers' health and status for next year, you would have thought they'd rally around the team and play well. I'm glad they did. It's great to be a Florida Gator!

Your coach has a heart condition and you still dump ice-cold Gatorade on him? What are you thinking? Are you TRYING to kill him? I already thought this was the dumbest tradition in football. It was probably hilariously surprising the first time someone did it (history says probably the '85 NY Giants), but it's too clichéd, inconvenient, and meaningless now. Stop the Gatorade dunking already!!!


I'm glad such a talented football player and quality young man had such a wonderful last game. The University of Florida owes Tebow a lot of gratitude for being such a good role-model, as well as football athlete. I hope he finds success in the NFL. Thanks Tim!

No comments:

Post a Comment