Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Emily!

I think it’s one of those big life-hurdles when you’re oldest/first kid becomes a teenager. Val and I get a little overwhelmed thinking about it sometimes, especially here lately. It’s not because it means that we’re getting older. It’s because we think about our little babies growing up and facing more and more of life’s challenges on their own. Speaking for myself, the thing that calms my worries about Emily becoming a teenager is how wonderfully sweet and smart and level-headed she is. She has always been a joy to parent. She has always tried to do the right thing. She has always been sweet and calm. And nothing has changed in the “tween” years leading up to her 13th birthday. I know Emily will keep on being a sweet, caring, and achieving young lady. I’m so thankful to have such a wonderful daughter and I’m so proud of her for everything she’s done. Happy Birthday, Emily. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Eric--
    We have always though Emily was so awesome. When we visited you all in Sept I had forgotten how sweet she is. Emily seems to care about others more than herself. I'm not sure how you and Val did...but wow.

    ReplyDelete