Saturday, December 5, 2009

Major Crisis Averted

Well, I’m back at work, waiting for the SEC Championship game to start. I wasn’t able to nap before-hand…I’ll save that story for another post. But the good news is that a quick check of Yahoo mail and the Blogger indicate that I’ll still be able to use those sites, even now that the “content filtering product” is activated. To give the computer administers some due credit; they only blocked the chat features of Yahoo/Hotmail. Apparently, it’s the chat features that are bandwidth hogs. E-mails and the occasional picture aren’t too much. Even Facebook is working. (And the secret music site that I occasionally listen to is still working. Shhh, don’t tell the administers.) So, my apologies (for some mean/frustrated thoughts) to the computer administers. I’ll try to stay positive about the off-duty wireless Internet, hard-billet dorm rooms, and the MWR tent. Maybe the Army can surprise me with those, too.

1 comment:

  1. Thank God for You and Yahoo! I don't know what I would do if we couldn't email. I was panicked. So, now I will get off blog comments and send you a personal email. They don't all need to know my thoughts about you! I Love You - Val

    ReplyDelete