I guess I gave the computer administers too much credit too soon. The web filtering program wasn’t fully running that first day. The second day it blocked (or “clogged”) everything. Now it’s settled into blocking “social networking and personal sites” and among other sites, anything that streams content, like my secret music site. (Check out Pandora.com, type in your favorite musical artist, and enjoy similar artists.) So now, I can check my Yahoo e-mail, which is good, but Facebook is completely blocked. Since I had just started getting into Facebook, I guess I can live without that for now, but I was starting to build up my friend list with distant relatives and old friends that I was looking forward to catching up with. I can’t access Flickr anymore either, to include ISAF’s and the American Embassy in Kabul’s official Flickr pages. Did you know Secretary of Defense Gates has a Facebook page? Me neither, but now I won’t be able to check it out. Most importantly, I can still access my blog site, BUT I can’t log-on in order to add any new posts or pictures. So until we get (the mythical) wireless Internet for personal use, I have to e-mail my posts to Val and have her upload them for me. Thanks, Val!
Friday, December 11, 2009
I Shouldn't be Surprised
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment